Friday, February 22, 2013

Wild at Heart

At the end of my junior year of college one of my best friends and I decided to lead a freshman guys small group during out senior year. As we talked we decided that we wanted to walk through the book Wild at Heart with them. That summer I read a book that would have a huge impact on my life for the first time. We never did go through the book with them, it turned into down time and relationship building, but we had a great year.

Since that first time I've read the book twice more, and am now reading it for the fourth time. Each time something different has hit me and I've been challenged in new ways. Plain and simple, this is a book about men, for men, by a man.

The subtitle for the book is, "Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul." All of us have drives and passions. We all have a desire for strength and honor. We all need a Battle to fight, a Beauty to rescue, and an Adventure to live. All of us have been wounded, but not all of us have healed. All of us are called to be men, all of us were made to be men, but not all of us are, yet.

Beginning next week I'm going to start working through the book on this blog. I'm using the Revised and Expanded, tenth anniversary edition. I have read both this one and the original, and the differences aren't so extreme that you'll be lost if you haven't read the new edition.

I invite you to read it with me, I'm not sure how the structure of these posts will be yet. I'm going to be doing something with it that I've been meaning to do for a few years now, and I am glad to share this journey with you. So join me my brothers as we dive into our souls to see who we are, what we are made of, and who we are created to be.

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment