Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Blessed in the Wilderness

"For the LORD your God has blessed you in all that you have done; He has known your wanderings through this great wilderness. These forty years the LORD your God has been with you; you have not lacked a thing." -Deuteronomy 2.7

Moses is recalling parts of the journey that has brought the people to this point. Here he reminds the people how God always took care of them. Even in the wilderness they have been blessed and lacked for nothing. That is how God works.

Right now in my life I would say that I'm in the wilderness. I am not doing what I am passionate about to the degree God has called me to, but I truly believe He is leading me to the "Promised Land" of ministry. But for now I'm left to work and provide for my family however I can, and do ministry with the little spare time I have left. But in this time I have seen God bless me and make me lack for nothing.

Right now the job I am work in is a truly a blessing of God. I work Monday to Friday, no weekends. I don't pay for health care or put anything into retirement, my company takes care of it all. On top of that the give very generous year end bonuses that should have us out of school debt sometime in the next five years. And perhaps the biggest blessing, they are paying for my Master's degrees 100%, books included. God is providing for our immediate needs, taking care of some long term things, and allowing me to get prepared for the Promised Land, all while I'm I the wilderness.

That is my God. It is a journey to get to the Promised Land, but God is with us every step of the way blessing is with His provisions and preparations. He blesses us even in the wilderness because He is good.

Men, maybe you find yourself in a similar place. You are wandering in the wilderness and nothing seems to be going right. God is there, He has never left you, and He wants to bless you. It may not be a blessing of everything your heart desires, but He will take care of all your needs. If you follow Him, trust Him, you will lack for nothing.

Let us look for the blessings of the wilderness.

(About two years ago I wrote more on the idea of blessings of the wilderness on my other blog. If you are interested in reading some more about what the wilderness can provide follow the link at the bottom to my blog, "Give me words" and do a search for "Blessings of the Wilderness".)

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment