Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Early Riser

"Then Joshua rose early in the morning; and he and all the sons of Israel set out from Shittim and came to the Jordan, and they lodged there before they crossed." -Joshua 3.1

The time to enter the land is drawing near. The people are heading to the Jordan and preparing for the crossing. Joshua doesn't drag his feet or procrastinate. He doesn't sleep in, needing to be roused from slumber at noon. He's up before the sun and ready to go. The fulfillment of God's promise is waiting and Joshua does not wait, or allow Israel, to wait a moment longer.

Men, do you rise early? When God has made a promise do you drag your feet, or pursue it with haste? If not, what are you waiting for? If God has made a promise to you, pursue it.

Right now I find myself in pursuit of a call to ministry and a passion to live it out. I have a job that in providing me with the ability financially to work on my Master's degree, and I believe that when I finish school, God will open the door for me to return to ministry full time. I'm holding on to a promise, and doing what I can to pursue it and be ready to seize it when the moment arrives. I'm marching towards the Jordan so that I am ready to cross it.

Let us be men who rise early and pursue the promises of God.

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment