Monday, January 12, 2015

God With You

"So the Lord was with Joshua, and his fame was in all the land." -Joshua 6.27

God is with Joshua in a mighty way and all the inhabitants of the land are hearing of him and the victory that God has given him. His life stands out because God is with Him, and all are taking notice of it.

When God is with you, others will notice it. Others have to notice because the presence of God in your life is what we were created to have, and as it is present it stands out.

My wife and I moved a couple months ago, hopefully the last time for a few years, and as we're settling in I found a file I haven't gone through in years. It was different things from college. Some birthday and graduation cards, lists of a couple workouts a friend and I had done, different things from internships, and various ministries I had been involved with. But one section of this file had notes from people telling me how they had seen God in my life.

Towards the end of college I became very humble and God dependant. I assumed a position of surrender and vulnerability. God was then able to speak to me and show me things about Himself. As a result I became very close to God, and others began to take notice. My life stood out because of a passion for God. This is how all of us are to live.

Men, does your life stand out? Is God with you in a way that causes others to take notice? Is word about your passion for God spreading?

Let us be men who live lives of passion for God. May His presence in our lives be apparent for all to see. May God be with us, and may others know.

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment