Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Righteous Life

"Here I am; bear witness against me before the Lord and His anointed. Whose ox have I taken, or whose donkey have I taken, or whom have I defrauded? Whom have I oppressed, or from whose hand have I taken a bribe to blind my eyes with it? I will restore it to you." -1 Samuel 12.3

Saul has been anointed king and has begun to do what kings do. Now Samuel addresses Israel and opens his life for their judgment. He asks if he has stolen any animal or cheated anyone. He asks if he has oppressed anyone or taken a bribe and distorted justice. He says that if he has then he will make it right, restoring what has been lost. He opens his life up to scrutiny because he knows he has lived righteously. No one can place any blame on him, and he is willing to open himself up to that because he knows there is nothing that could be pinned on him.

Men, what if your life looked like that? Are you willing to open yourself up to public scrutiny as Samuel did? What accusations would be brought against you? As men, and as leaders, it is important that we live righteous lives, that are willing to be opened to the public for inspection. A life that is willing to be opened shows that it has nothing to hide, that it is not ashamed, and that it has striven to live with justice and righteousness.

Let us be men who live righteous lives. Let us be willing to open ourselves up for inspection because we know nothing can be found.

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment