Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What Is This Blog?

A few months ago as I was working on one of these posts and had written something about raising sons, a question popped into my mind, "What about dad's of daughters?" A few weeks later, my wife asked me a similar question. It's true, when you look at the masculine journey there is an aspect of it that is focused on sons. As men we go through this and in turn guide our sons through the same journey. But as I thought about the question I realized my intention is not about writing a blog on being a better dad. I'm not a parent yet, and so I don't have the experience to speak from. And even when I am a parent that still wouldn't be my intention. Every child is unique, as is every church, and every business. What works in one situation will not work the same way in another. And so I'm not trying to write a blog on being a dad.

That being said, so much of this that I have written does talk about raising sons. In response to my own question, and my wife's, I want to share a link I saw and that my wife shared with me.

http://tarahedman.com/girls-daddies-knew/

It's about dad's and daughters, and though that one article is not as extensive as the two books we've worked through it's as good resource as I can share.

So if this blog is not about being a better dad then what is it? How to be a better husband? How to be a better leader? Sort of, but still no. The purpose of this blog as we move forward (and look back), is simply this, "Man of God... Who God created you to be." This is about us becoming who we were born to be. As we become men of God we're going to be better husbands, better dads, and better leaders. The more we are molded into who God made us to be, the more of Him we will reflect, and the more into Him we can lead others. The more I love God, and learn to be loved by God, the more I can love my wife and children, and in turn be loved by them. And at the same time my family will teach me things about God and His love for me.

The more I become who God made me to be, the better I'm going to be at the things He has called me to do. It's that simple. And so as we prepare for an epic endeavor, let us be focused on who God has called us be, who He has created us to be. Men of God.

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment