Monday, March 31, 2014

Own It

"Judah recognized them, and said, 'She is more righteous than I, inasmuch as I did not give her to my son Shelah.' And he did not have relations with her again." -Genesis 38.26

Judah's caught. But rather than make excuses, or hide in embarrassment, he owns it. He doesn't flee to another city, he straight up says, "She is more righteous than I."

Men, this needs to be our response. We don't like to admit our short falls. We have a fear of being found out as phonies, and we'll do whatever is necessary to prevent that from happening. But if we would be men, we need to man up and own it. We need to acknowledge our shortcomings and our failures. We need to be willing to say, "I messed up, and they are more righteous than I am."

It isn't easy to do. There are consequences that we may have to face, and costs we may have to pay, and probably some humbling that has to take place. But if we would be men, then we must own up to what we've done, or failed to do.

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment