Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Success in the Center

"The Lord was with Joseph, so he became a successful man. And he was in the house of his master, the Egyptian. Now his master saw that the Lord was with him and how the Lord caused all that he did to prosper in his hand. So Joseph found favor in his sight and became his personal servant; and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he owned he put in his charge." -Genesis 39.2-4

Joseph, the father's favorite son, and his brother's most despised sibling, has ended up in Egypt. He was sold as a slave and bought by Potiphar, the captain of the guard. And even as a slave in a foreign country, God is still with Joseph. He blesses him and makes him successful. God causes all that he does to prosper, and Joseph finds favor in the sight of his master. He goes from a regular servant, to the one in charge of the house. God was with him, and gave him success.

God had a plan for Joseph, he was part of the covenant that had been established with Abraham. I have no doubt that Joseph worked hard for Potiphar. I'm sure he did his best with every task he undertook. And since Joseph was at the center of God's plan, though he probably didn't know it yet, God gave him success in all that he did.

I've had several situations in the past that have not felt like everything I did prospered, and looking back I know I was in the center of God's will because I can see how it has helped mold me more into Christlikeness. But as I look back I see the aspects of each of those times where God did give me success. The things I directly undertook He blessed. Currently in my situation I have found success in what I'm doing. God has given me favor and helped me to do well.

Men, if we are in the center of God's will, we will find success. The situations we find ourselves in may not be ideal, but they may be necessary to get us into position for God's great work for our lives. And if we will commit ourselves to do the best we can where we are, working hard, and staying in the center of God's will, He will give success to all we do. We might not see it at first, like I didn't, but looking back one day, we'll be able to see how God gave us success.

When we are in the center of God's will, we have success in all we do.

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment