Friday, May 16, 2014

Your Word

"Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron and said, 'Entreat the Lord that He remove the frogs from me and from my people; and I will let the people go, that they may sacrifice to the Lord.'... But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart and did not listen to them, as the Lord had said." -Exodus 8.8, 15

The snake didn't shake him, the blood was impressive but ineffective, but the frogs have gotten Pharaoh's attention. This time Pharaoh calls for Moses and Aaron, and he tells them that once God removes the frogs he will let the people go and sacrifice to God. Moses asks him to tell him when to have the frogs removed and he goes to God with the time. But when Pharaoh sees that the frogs are gone he changes his mind and keeps the people enslaved.

Men, have you made promises and commitments, but as soon as the situation changes, you change your mind? Do you go back on what you said as soon as its convenient for you? How many of us have made commitments to God only go back on them later. "God let me get this job/promotion and I'll be in church every Sunday." It lasts what, a month maybe? "God give me a raise and I'll give more to help the needy." Do you? "God do ... for me, and I'll ..." fill in the blanks. Does it really happen?

Do you do what you'll say you'll do, or are the commitments you make only good until things turn around? Do you keep your word?

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment