Thursday, August 14, 2014

Go to Them

"This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing. Now he shall be brought to the priest, and the priest shall go out to the outside of the camp." Leviticus 14.2-3a

When the week of the leper's time outside the camp was up he would be brought for inspection, and the priest would go outside of the camp to him. The leper couldn't enter the camp because he was unclean, so the priest would go and meet him to see if he was cleared to return to life in the camp.

Men, we all know those living outside the camp. We know those who don't have a relationship with God. We work with them, we live next door to them. Are you willing to go to them?

I'll be honest, this is a hard thing for me to do. I'm an introvert by nature. I know what I believe and why, but I don't just walk up to people and start talking about Jesus. And I'm learning that's ok. I'm learning to use the personality God has given me to build relationships and work on sharing Jesus.

This past Monday comedian Robin Williams died. I didn't know him, and I don't know what he believed, but the reality of his death has hit me, as it has for many who loved his work, and I've wondered about his eternal destiy. There are people I work with and based on conversations I've had with them, I'm guessing that they haven't come to new life in Christ. And the more I get to know them, the more I want them to find new life. I don't want to hear about their death one day and wonder what they believed.

It's important that we keep in mind we aren't responsible for people's response to what we say. The priest couldn't make the leper meet him, he was just responsible to go out so that he could meet him, he was responsible to make himself available. Are we willing to do the same?

Are we willing to be present and build relationships? Are we bold enough to work Jesus into a conversation naturally and not force it? Are we willing to go to those outside of the camp?

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment