Friday, August 22, 2014

His Standards

"You shall thus observe all My statutes and all My ordinances and do them; I am the Lord." -Leviticus 19.37

The rest of Leviticus 19 is made up of sundry (various kinds) of laws, and there is a lot there. There are several things that were listed in the Ten Commandments, as well as others that are to set His people apart from the other nations. Many of them are obsolete to us, my garden is full of a variety of vegetables, and I don't think I own a piece of clothing that is made of only one material.

Today I think this goes back to the idea of inward vs. outward circumcision. Very few people I who I know own cattle, and I don't know anyone who owns two different types of cattle, so there is no risk of interbreeding the two (vs. 19). Today I think it's about the heart issues.

Men, are we living by the standards of righteousness? Are we treating people with dignity? Are we approaching God humbly and reverently? Are we living the way Jesus lived? Do we observe God's statutes of holiness and do what is righteous in His sight?
What does your heart look like? What is your heart pursuing?

Leviticus is God teaching His people how to worship Him, and live according to His standards. Let us learn what God requires, and strive diligently to live by them. Let us live according to His standards.

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment