Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Worship God

"Then the man bowed low and worshiped the Lord. He said, 'Blessed be the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken His lovingkindness and His truth toward my master; as for me, the Lord has guided me in the way to the house of my master’s brothers.'" -Genesis 24.26-27

When the servant sees how God has answered his request, his first response is to praise and worship God. He doesn't send word to Abraham. He doesn't saddle up and head home with the girl. He doesn't even go with her to her father's house first. The very first response is to worship God.

When prayers are answered in your life, what is your first response? Do you call your wife? Do you meet with some friends to celebrate? Neither of those are bad things, and should be among the first things that we do. But our very first response should be to worship God.

Recently I found myself having a prayer answered, and answered in a way far beyond what I was hoping for. I think I did call my wife first, but in the midst of everything I caught myself, and I got on my knees and took a moment to thank and praise God for His incredible answer to prayer. That night, we went out with some friends to celebrate.

Men, nothing we accomplish is because of us, it's all a gift from God. Let us never take credit, and never forget to give credit. When God answers our prayers, let us immediately worship Him for the blessing.

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

To God alone be the Glory!

Strength and Honor

No comments:

Post a Comment